“My tummy hurts, I have brain fog, I’m always tired, I’m getting dandruff, my partner says I’m grumpy, my skin is getting weird rashes and I’m craving sugar like there’s no tomorrow!!!!”
Candida may be the culprit!
Yeast and mold are part of the fungal family (fungi) – although there are hundreds of different kinds of yeast, Candida is the most common so you will also hear this condition referred to as a CANDIDA OVERGROWTH.
Sweets, foods that turn to sugar and WINE are often the tipping point that takes an environment primed for a yeast overgrowth to explode into a systemic Candida infection.
The test we have found the MOST SENSITIVE to detect Candida is the OATs (Organic Acids Test) – ask for more information as this urine test is very easy to administer at home and mail to the lab – it’s even great for children and babies!
Resolving Candida is not an easy process but the TRANSFORMATION is absolutely amazing with a restoration of vitality, energy, focus, and patients have said they “finally feel like themselves again.”
You’d be SHOCKED to discover how much impact this gut infection has not only on your digestive and hormone function but also your mood and PERSONALITY!
A very small amount of Candida normally lives in your mouth and intestines for the purpose of aiding digestion and nutrient absorption.
It is when there is an overproduction that Candida will start to break down the wall of the intestines and penetrate through to the bloodstream. When this occurs there are toxic byproducts released into the body which is one of the ways “Leaky Gut” (aka Intestinal Hyperpermeability) is caused. The resulting health issues can range from food sensitivities to digestive issues to low mood, anxious feelings and potential autoimmune conditions.
How do you get Candida?
Your beneficial bacteria (the healthy or ‘good’ bacteria in your gut) typically keep your Candida levels in check. So the problem typically starts with things that KILL off your good bacteria such as: Antibiotics (even a single round can contribute to this), refined carbohydrates and sugar in your diet, oral contraceptives (Birth Control pills), excessive alcohol intake and even high stress or “go-go-go” lifestyle, or excessive fermented foods!
Once the above occurs, Candida is an “opportunistic yeast” and will take advantage of your lowered defenses and can populate (and repopulate) rapidly.
10 Common Candida Symptoms
- Skin/nail fungal infections (athlete’s foot, ringworm, and toenail fungus)
- Feeling tired and worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Digestive issues: bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, or Multiple sclerosis
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, or brain fog
- Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, hives, and rashes
- Irritability, moody, anxiety/depression
- Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching, vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Strong sugar, refined carbohydrate cravings
Curious to learn more? Schedule a no charge 10 min consult with Dr. Z at www. BodyLoveCafe.com.
By Dr. Brandy Zachary, DC, AFMCP with Body Love Cafe