This southern treat is always surprisingly popular!
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F For the tart shells, beat the butter and cream cheese in mixer until well-blended, add flour and mix until a soft dough is formed. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Place the dough balls into the ungreased cups of a mini muffin plan. Use your fingers to press up the sides to make a tart shell.
3. Melt the butter, then stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4. Finely chop the pecans and add them to the batter bowl contents and mix well.
5. Fill each tart shell with a level scoop of the filling (do not overfill). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven, and let the cookies cool in the pan for 3 minutes.
By Kristin Shopp, Resident since 2014