Planning a complete home overhaul can be something of a challenge, so you may feel overwhelmed, but it doesn’t need to be that way. To help you along the way to renovating your house, we’ve put together the ultimate checklist for your dream home. This will help to ensure that you don’t spend money where it isn’t needed, help you to budget, and give you a clear idea of which jobs need to be completed, as well as when you can expect to see the finished results.
It can be useful to begin your project from the outside and work your way in, but there are many things to keep in mind.
- What is the condition of your roof, gutters and downspouts?
- Does your exterior wall surface and trim require repairs or painting? .
FLOOR PLAN AND LAYOUT
Whether you’re looking to add space or adjust the current layout in your home, there are several options.
- Add more space with a room addition
- Remove walls to connect spaces.
- Redesign for better function
- Install built-in storage.
APPLIANCES, ELECTRICAL, AND PLUMBING
A modern home relies on advanced electronics and solid plumbing to help it function and run smoothly.
- Opt for integrated kitchen appliances
- Hire an electrician to inspect the wiring
- Create a smart home by using proper devices.
- Install a new heater or an air conditioning unit.
- Install new plumbing fixtures: Toilet, tub, sink, faucet.
Beyond the above, flooring, decor, aesthetics and the different aspects related to it should also be considered. You can obtain the details of those and more specifics at GordonReese.com. At Gordon Reese Design Build, we provide everything from simple bathroom remodels to complete home renovations. Give us a call at 925 261-7257 and find out how we can transform your home into your desired dream space.
By Gordon Reese, Gordon Reese Design Build, Resident since 2008